Stay Virtually Connected
To stay up to date on what’s going on, and get inspirational messages, make sure you follow us on social media.
The story of Petsworth Baptist Church is really His story – the story of Christ and his people. Petsworth Baptist Church was established in 1881. Petsworth began meeting in a field sharing a pastor with 2 or 3 other churches in the area. Soon land was donated and a building erected in 1881. The Rev. M.L. Ragland accepted a newly organized field of Petsworth, Beulah, and Providence churches in 1933 preaching twice a month. As membership began an all time high and Sunday school began to strengthen the church voted to construct a new sanctuary and the cornerstone was laid October 21, 1962 during a Homecoming service. On March 29, 1967 the church voted to hire a full-time pastor. The first full time pastor was Rev. Ray C. Linthicium.
The original church sanctuary was built in 1881 with an addition made in 1962 of a new sanctuary. Since then Petsworth has grown in size and the Wiatt educational building was completed in 1996, with the completion of a new sanctuary in 2003. The original church building now serves our Student Center, home to our Student Ministry! Our preschool was established in 1985. Petsworth’s Awana group was started in 1995.
Petsworth owes much to the endeavors and success of the members of the past. May the Lord always bless us. The future, as well as the past, will truly be His story.