Our History
The story of Petsworth Baptist Church is really His story – the story of Christ and his people.  Petsworth Baptist Church was established in 1881.  Petsworth began meeting in a field sharing a pastor with 2 or 3 other churches in the area.  Soon land was donated and a building erected in 1881.  The Rev. M.L. Ragland accepted a newly organized field of Petsworth, Beulah and Providence churches in 1933 preaching twice a month.  As membership began an all time high and sunday school began to strengthen the church voted to construct a new sanctuary and the cornerstone was laid October 21, 1962 during a Homecoming service.  On March 29, 1967 the church voted to hire a full-time pastor.  The first full time pastor was Rev. Ray C. Linthicium.    
 
The original church sanctuary was built in 1962 and the existing sanctuary was built in 1989. Our preschool was established in 1985.  Petsworth’s Awana group was started in 1995.  
 
Petsworth owes much to the endeavors and success of the members of the past.  May the Lord always bless us.  The future, as well as the past, will truly be His story.
 
 
Pastors of Petsworth Baptist Church
Rev. W.M. Wiatt 1881 – 1913
Rev. Noel Jackson 1913 – 1915
Rev. R.A. Folkes 1915 – 1931
Rev. M.L. Ragland 1933 – 1938
Rev. E.B. White 1938 – 1942
Rev. Harry Corr 1942- 1944
Rev. V.P. Locke 1944 – 1950
Rev. O.G. Burnett 1951 – 1959
Rev. Charles Anderson Jr. 1959 – 1965
Rev. M. Kemper Kelly 1965 – 1966
Rev. Ray C. Linthicium 1966 – 1969
Dott Bryan 1969 – 1973
Rev. John T. Lennon 1974 – 1982
Rev. Billy Kincaid 1984 – 1987
Dr. James Birkitt 1987 – 1989
Pastor William F. Holloway 1989 –
Pastor Dennis Hollandsworth 1996 – 2010
Pastor Charles L. Callis Jr  – 2009
Pastor Clint Miller 2012 – 2015
Paster John Pouchot 2016 – present
 
Pictured is Rev. W.M. Wiatt